Eden[edit | edit source]
An Eden is a large, mostly self-sustaining city, which moves across the ocean. Each Eden's power systems are completely renewable, but not fully self sustaining, and run on Cyanotril. Eden units are capable of moving across the sea through unknown means, at relatively slow speeds. Eden units, when running low on certain materials, often stop over geothermal vents. Eden 52 along has done this twice in a year. Eden units also, in time of energy or resource deficit, can dock with other Eden units, and move the required resource between cities. Even though Eden units dock, any citizens may not emigrate between cities. Eden units strive to preserve as many resources as possible, going so far as genetically modifying foodstuffs to make them as nutritious as possible, while using the least resources to create them. As a side note, Eden units contain many cryogenically-stored biological specimens, mostly pre-Exodus. Eden units also rely heavily on Nanites, ostensibly nano-robots that allow much of Eden's technology to function. It is well known that, while massively useful to Eden units, they can become detrimental (or even downright dangerous) when in too high of a concentration. A few examples of Nanite tech includes Shields and Weapons, along with a few specialized items.
The culture of Eden places high value on physical beauty, with many going so far as to augment their own genetics. This contributes to their social status, along with their use to the Eden. Those with higher status gain some benefits, such as free transportation, or lesser medical fees. Even with daily Temporil injections, this system has caused social division among the less well-off people. There are no laws in Eden about forming intimate relationships, but there are very strict laws around procreation, due to the issue of genetic purity (a large issue amongst Eden units). The people of Eden are strongly advised to take a daily Temporil injection, so much so that there is a social stigma for those who do not partake. Familial ties mean little to nothing in Eden, as individuals must make their own path, and cannot rely on their parents wealth and power.
As another side note, Eden 52's scientists have created a fully autonomous AI, known as PAMELA. Said AI can control city power, communicate with other Eden units, and communicate with Seekers.
Corporations of Eden[edit | edit source]
- Bio-Stera was on the forefront of the renewable energy sector. With the discovery of an effective method of energy extraction from cyanobacteria, they became one of the most prominent corporations on the planet. They experimented with advanced Artificial Intelligence until they eventually created PAMELA. They have also co-developed the Temporil Injections and the A2-C1 booster with Bio-Stera; designed to lower aggressiveness.
- Nanscent Robotics, a private-owned entity which is an exceptional privilege, they co-developed all non-sentient entities within Eden 52, working closely with Mitra, Aeron, Genesis and Bio-Stera. They soley developed the Sec-RT units on request from Bio-Stera.
- Aeron, they worked closely with Nanscent Robotics to co-develop non-sentient life on Eden.
- Mitra, they lead the developement on the lethal combat unit Seekers.
- Eden Security handles the security of Eden, they employ the Garrison.
- Genesis, a pioneering augment sector of human research.
- Ark Medical they are responisble for the citizens wellbeing of Eden, they have also co-developed the Temporil Injections and the A2-C1 booster with Bio-Stera; designed to lower aggressiveness.
- New Life Foundaiton, they control the citizens allowance to procreate throughout Eden. They also have a fertility clinic in Arcadia of Eden 52.
Locations of Eden 52[edit | edit source]
- Ark Medical Wing is responsible for the health and wellbeing of all citizens. Smaller Ark clinics can be found scattered around the city, providing instant access to life saving medicines and surgery, for a small fee of Lux.
- Nirvanna District contains the main offices of Genesis, an pioneering augmnet sector of human research, that also have clinics that can be found all over Eden.
- Arcadia serves as the primary residences for the Doctoral population of Eden 52. Its close proximity to the Olumpia building makes it ideal for those that work there, and has many amenities of its own. This includes the fertility clinin New Life, a school, botanical gardens, and a large Archive.
- Oasis is the large central courtyard of Eden 52, a vast green space designed to remind citizens of an ideal version of the Mainland. It is connected to all of the central locations in Eden 52, and also contains its own ARK Medical clinic, an art gallery, and a cathedral.
- Origin Station is one of the two train stations on Eden 52, allowing quick transport between the Steppes and Arcadia.
- The Outer Steppes is what would be known as the working class dwellings, housing most of the poorer citizens of Eden